Microphone Audix D4Features at glance:
- Dynamic instrument microphone for low-frequency instruments
- Suitable for micing kick drum, floor drum, djembe, bass guitar amplifier, piano, saxophone and many more
- features entirely new capsule that is specially designed to capture high SPL instruments with extended frequencies below 100 Hz+
- Hypercardioid pickup pattern
- Frequency range: 38 Hz - 19 kHz
- Includes stand adapter and protective pouch
Microphones from the D-series have been designed for studio or live sound applications that involve high sound pressure levels and are therefore ideally suited for micing drums and percussion instruments, electric guitar and bass amplifiers as well as brass instruments. They are available individually or come in special sets tailored for drum micing. These feature special mounting kits, additional microphones (overheads/ cymbals: ADX51, SCX1) and an aluminium carrying case. When it comes to drum and percussion microphones, Audix is the worldwide marketleader. Their drum and percussion microphones have been designed to provide drummers and percussionists with professional tools that deliver a natural percussion sound without creating the common problems associated with using ordinary microphones. The specifically tailored, noise-rejecting VLM capsule produces a clear bass sound. It has been built into a solid yet lightweight and very compact aluminium body. Special mounts enable you to place your microphone easily and precisely on the instrument.
Due to their similar construction, the models D1, D2 and D3 can be used in equal ways. They mainly differ in sonic characteristic which allows you to find the right mic for your instrument. The models D4 and D6 have been specifically designed for low-frequency applications. The MICRO-D is a lightweight condenser microphone that is compatible with a variety of special drum mounts. The D1/D2/D3/D4/D6 microphones come with the microphone clamp MC4 and a carrying case.MP-Rating:
Placing your D4 about at mid position in the soundhole of the front skin of your kick drum, you should get the richest and warmest sound plus an extra punch out of your mic. 5 Stars
Legend:1 Star – still room for improvement!
2 Stars – satisfactory overall impression!
3 Stars – good price/performance value!
4 Stars – very recommendable!
5 Stars – highly recommendable!
6 Stars – unbeatable top product!
- Subcategory: Instrument Microphone
- Type: Instrument Microphone
- Instrument Choice: Drums / Percussion
- Instrument (Choice): Tom-Tom
- Transducer principle: Dynamic
- Pickup pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 50 Hz - 19 kHz
- Max. SPL: 144 dB
- Open circuit sensitivity: n/a
- Features: VLM capsule
- Including: Stand adapter, case