Microphone Beyerdynamic M 160, Doppel Bändchen Beyerdynamic M 160 Features
- Double Ribbon Microphone
- Very good frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and robust design
- Warm and natural sound
Beyerdynamic is one of the few manufacturers who still build Ribbon microphones. The classic among them is the dynamic double ribbon microphone M 160
The excellent transmission quality of the M 160 and its hyper-cardioid characteristic with a noise cancellation of 25 dB at 110 °, the lateral sound reflections and disturbing ambient noise is effectively suppressed, making the M160 an ideal microphone, wherever placed will meet the highest demands on the recording or transmission technology. It is recommended for both the sound capture of stringed instruments such as violin, viola and cello as well as piano, and drums on the hi-hat. Ideal for saxophone.
The black chrome surface of the M 160 and its extremely small dimensions allow its use both in television and in film studios, where it depends on a prevention of reflection and the unobtrusiveness of the microphone.
In connection with the dynamic double ribbon microphone M 130 M 160 ideal for stereo recordings in MS (Mid-Side) technology.
- Subcategory: Instrument Microphone
- Type: Handheld Microphone
- Instrument Choice: Drums / Percussion
- Transducer principle: Dynamic
- Pickup pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Open circuit sensitivity: 1 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Features: Double membrame capsule
- Weight: 156 g