Synthesizer Waldorf nw1 Wavetable Module
The Waldorf nw1 is a Wavetable synthesizer module for the popular Eurorack format. Nw1 incorporates a new wavetable engine with targeted control of spectral envelope, noise, and more - just like Nave. Wavetables are now scanned cyclically, modulation of speed, position, spectrum and more are self-explanatory. With the popular Waldorf wavetables of the classics Microwave and Wave, the nw1 enriches every Eurorack as a versatile sound machine.
The nw1 sound generation also supports the creation of your own wavetables using Time Domain Multiple Foldover Analysis. In order to transfer the desired material to a Wavetable, you only need to connect an audio source to the nw1. Alternatively, the integrated speech synthesizer creates a wavetable from a text. The nw1 Wavetablesynthesis is extremely versatile and is ideal for metallic sounds, format shifting and robot tuning.
Until the development of the Wavetable synthesising in the late 1970's it wasn't possible to create these sharp digital sounds. Meanwhile, this sound palette has enriched countless hits. With the nw1 Wavetable Module, we bring these sounds in compact Eurorack form into the present. The sound is still as clear, sharp and 'massively destructive' as in the golden age of digital sounds!
- Gate input for triggering the Wavetable passage and recording
- Main 1V / Oct CV input with pitch control
- 3 additional CV inputs for modulation and real-time recording for Wavetables
- Audio output
- USB connection with galvanic isolation for transfer of Wavetables and text input.
- Eurorack Power connection
A powder coated metal surface comprising:
- 10 Rotary encoder
- 1 Wavetable select / encoder
- A 2 x 7 digit display
- 6 switches with 3 positions
- Wavetable Synthesizer Module
- Eurorack Format
- Novel wavetable engine
- Cyclic wavetable scanning with modulable position and speed
- Control of the Spectral Envelope Without Pitch Control
- Adjustable periodicity until noise is played back
- Includes all classic Waldorf Wavetables
- Voice Synthesizer for Wavetables
- Recording function for own Wavetables