Guitar Effect Boss RC-30 Loop Station
In addition to the features found in the Boss RC-3 Loop Station stereo loop pedal, the Boss RC-30 Loop Station stereo loop pedal adds a second stereo track for creating more complex loops, onboard effects, and an XLR microphone input with +48V phantom power for condenser microphones.
The Boss RC-30 Loop Station is a true stereo phrase looper with two stereo tracks, up to three hours of stereo recording, 99 onboard memory phrases for storing loops, 1/4-inch A and B input jacks, stereo 1/8-inch mini AUX input jack, and an XLR microphone input with phantom power. The USB 2.0 port lets you connect to a PC and
import and export WAV audio files to the Boss RC-30 Loop Station. Other features of the Boss RC-30 Loop Station include a rhythm guide with real drums, effects for processing the loops, and battery or optional AC power. In addition to recording your instrument and turning them into playable loops, The Boss RC-30 Loop Station can record external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the Boss RC-30 Loop Station's AUX input can be recorded and added to your loop.
The Boss RC-30 Loop Station LOOP FX is for processing loops in real time, with 99 memory slots for storage. The RC-30 also features a USB 2.0 port for swapping and managing 16-bit 44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size. A mic input with phantom power, aux in jack for portable devices, and a key selection of ten onboard Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin rhythms including real audio drum loops come standard.
- Effect Type: Looper
- Technology: Digital
- Mono / Stereo: Stereo In, Stereo Out
- Controls: Input Level, Output Level, Track 1 Level, Track 2 Level
- Switches: Rhythm on/off, Rhythm Type, Rhythm Tap Tempo, Selecct, Loop FX, on, Loop FX Type, Phantom Power on
- Bypass Mode: Buffered Bypass
- Including: 6x AA Battery
- Power supply: 9 VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 195 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 6x 1,5 AA Battery
- Housing size: Big Size
- Dimensions (WxHxD / cm): 17,3 x 5,7 x 15,8
- Weight: 1,2 kg
- Country of Origin: Made in Taiwan
Boss Loop Station
- Stereo Loop Pedal with 2 Controllable Stereo Loops, 99 Memory Presets, 1/8" Aux Input, XLR Microphone Input with Phantom Power, Rhythm Guide, and Effects
- True stereo loop pedalThree hours of onboard recording time.
- Two stereo tracks
- Five onboard effects
- DSP EFFECTS from BOSS ESC2 chip
- True stereo Inputs / Outputs
- Dual-phrase loop feature lets you create and sync two independent stereo loops.
99 memory slots
- LOOP FX provides realtime loop editing
- XLR microphone input with phantom power
- Rhythm Guide with ten rhythm types: Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin
- USB 2.0 port for swapping / managing files with your computer
- Aux in jack
- Onboard rhythms including real audio drum loops
- Power Supply: DC 9 V Alkaline AA, LR6 or Carbon-zinc battery AA, R6 x 6, AC Adaptor PSA series: sold separately
- Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used
- Dimensions: 6-13/16 x 6-1/4 x 2-1/4 inchesWeight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
Guitar veteran Les Paul even started using 2 tape machines, multitracked in order to accompany himself and that was in the 50's. In the 70s, it was the Avant Garde pioneers like Robert Fripp and Pink Floyd, who experimented with tape loop technology. In the digital age in the late 80s, there were digital delays that could record and play back a short sequence with a Hold function. At the end of the 90s the first true digital Looper, called the Boomerang came on the scene. For ordinary people it was far too expensive and complicated to use. Then in 2002 Boss lands the big one: the compact loop station RC 2 was a sensation - simple, intuitive operation by foot, Auto Record, storage spaces and lush for its recording time of 5 1/2 minutes. The rest is history! Current Loopers offer long recording times and postprocessing options. It can be implemented without great expense, and complex arrangements can be made in the overdub process. Whether for practice, as a musical notebook or for extravagant live performance - for each application Boss has the right Loop Station in Program.