Electric Guitar Duesenberg Starplayer Special DSP-BK
The Starplayer Special is a reproduction of the very first '92 Duesenberg prototype guitar. The neck is bolted-on with four strong machine screws and then covered from the body side with a fitting, as it is known from the traditional Set-in designed guitars. This combines "Best of both worlds" in guitar construction. Features:
- Solid body
- Bound Arched Solid Maple Top on US-Alder body
- Neck: American Hardrock Maple, Set-in and Bolt-on
- Fretboard: Rosewood, 21 Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: Grand Vintage Humbucker-Neck/ Crunchbucker-Bridge
- Nickel Hardware
- Fixed Bridge (Tunamatic Bridge and Stop Tailpiece)
- Master Volume, Master Multi-Tone, 3-weg Pickup Switch
The distinctive face of Duesenberg guitars manifests itself in the art-deco design of the head, pickguard and hardware, while most of the body designs are based on old jazz guitars, such as those from the 1940s in Germany and in the USA, especially by German artists Emigrants.
Concept, overall construction as well as the pickup circuit have produced a really special Duesenberg sound. But pay attention also to the new frame for setting the pickup inclination! Or the Super Tremola - simple function and comfortable string-changing.
The highly dynamic Custom Alnico pickups with open nickel-plated nickel silver caps round of the overall picture, so well-known musicians such as Ron Wood, Robbie McIntosh, Carl Carlton, Mike Campbell and German acts such as the Peter Maffay Band, Wir-Sind-Helden And many others are among the satisfied Duesenberg customers.
Duesenberg Starplayer Special
- Colour / Finish: Black
- Technology: Solid Body
- Body Shape: Single Cut
- Strings: 6 string
- Neck construction: Bolt on neck
- Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25,6" (65,02 cm)
- Body Material: Alder
- Top: Maple
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Dot inlays
- Pickup Configuration: H-H (2x Humbucker)
- Pickup Selector Switch: 3-way switch
- Controls: 1x volume, 1x tone
- Bridge / Tremolo: Tune-O-Matic
- Hardware: Nickel
- Country of Origin: Made in Germany
The Starplayer Special is the reproduction of the first Duesenberg prototype from 1992. The neck is a bolt on configuration and the end of the neck is enveloped by the Guitar body. A tight and sturdy construction just like it should be.