Electric Guitar Fender Eric Johnson StratocasterFeatures at a glance:
Artist Signature Series
- Colour: Black
- Body: Alder
- Neck: One-piece Maple Neck, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 x Fender Special Design Custom Shop Eric Johnson
- Hardware: Nickel
- Vintage Tremolo
- Switches/Controls: 5-Way Switch
- Special Features: Many, see below
- Includes case
Fender built their first signature guitar for Eric Clapton, who was in the search of a second guitar to this beloved “Blackie”- the black Pre-CBS Stratocaster. He got a completely new custom-tailored instrument with a few individual refinements here and there and it soon became one of the top-ranked guitars among signature instruments.
Artist Signature Series instruments have all the features that ordinary, mass-produced instruments usually do not provide and are replicas built true to the original which then go into serial production. Some guitars are available as more affordable models manufactured in Mexico or others as more expensive models made in the Custom Shop.Eric Johnson Stratocaster
It has been long awaited and now it’s finally here: The Eric Johnson Stratocaster. Built according to Johnson’s specifications and as it used to be common with older Strats, it features a widely-shaped alder body. It is dressed in a thin layer of nitrocellulous lacquer finish.
Due to its one-piece maple neck being quarter-sawn, the grain of its wood runs vertical.
In addition, the neck has a soft V shape. The guitar has been equipped with threaded vintage-style hardware which replaces string trees and the pickups are also wired according to Johnsons specifications. The result is s truly great guitar.
- Serial number: EJ18334
- Colour / Finish: Black
- Technology: Solid Body
- Body Shape: Strat Shape
- Strings: 6 string
- Neck construction: Bolt on neck
- Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 25,5" (64,77 cm)
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck: One Piece Maple
- Fretboard: One Piece Maple
- Fretboard Inlays: Dot inlays
- Pickup Configuration: S-S-S (3x Single Coil)
- Neck Pickup: Fender Custom Design
- Middle Pickup: Fender Custom Design
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Custom Design
- Pickup Selector Switch: 5-way switch
- Controls: 1x volume, 2x tone
- Bridge / Tremolo: Vintage Tremolo
- Hardware: Nickel
- Including: Hard case & accessories
- Weight: 3,28 kg
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
The first Fender "Signature" was built for Eric Clapton. He was desperately looking for a substitute for his beloved, but worn-out black pre CBS-strat "Blackie". The new instrument was tailor-made and included some individual improvements. Since this first signature instrument for Eric Clapton, the list of signature instruments for great musicians has grown. All of the individual features, that are usually not found on the serial produced products, have been retained here. Some models are manufactured in Mexico and some other more expensive examples can be found in the "Custom Artist" series.