Microphone Sennheiser MD 421-II
The MD421 II is one of Sennheiser's most popular microphonesdue to it's versatility. Its ability to handle high pressure levels makes it a natural microphone choice for guitars and drums. The MD 421 II's cardioid pickup pattern and five-position bass control means it's an excellent choice for most instruments, as well as group vocals, or radio broadcast announcers. Walk into the drum booth in most studios and you'll see Sennheiser MD 421II mics on the toms. The cardioid pattern offers outstanding feedback rejection, making it an excellent choice for live situations or recording environments where bleed from other instruments is a problem. and the five selectable bass rolloff settings control proximity effect, so the MD421 II can be used in close-micing situations and still get clean, clear response with no unnatural bass boost.
The Sennheiser MD421 II microphone has a glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basket for rugged and durable performance in the studio or on stage. The microphone's basket is made of steel for capsule protection.
- Subcategory: Vocal Microphone
- Type: Handheld Microphone
- Instrument (Choice): Tom-Tom
- Transducer principle: Dynamic
- Pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 30 Hz - 17 kHz
- Open circuit sensitivity: 2 mV/Pa
- Features: Robust construction
- Including: Incl. attachment
- Dynamic Cardioid Microphone with High SPL Capacity and 5-Position Bass Roll-Off Switch