Guitar Effect Dunlop ZW45 Zakk Wylde Signature Cry Baby Wah
The Dunlop Zaak Wylde Signature Crybaby wah pedal is built to handle Zakk's wild ways.
With the Dunlop Zakk Wylde Signature Wah, Crybaby master Zakk Wylde and Jim Dunlop have produced the toughest, meanest wah pedal on the planet. Built for great tone and rugged durability, the Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby pedal can stand up to the crushing stomp of metal's reigning lead-guitar-king. The Wylde Wah pedal features a heavy-duty die-cast zinc metal casing and roadworthy components to withstand years of abuse. With circuitry that has been designed to Zakk's specs, including the Fasel inductor and 100 Kohm Hot Potz potentiometer, the Dunlop Zaak Wylde wah pedal is voiced to deliver metal's extra-thick and cutting tone. Powered by 9V battery or optional Dunlop AC adapter.
A wah-wah pedal is a sweepable bandpass filter. In the case of the Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby, the low pass filter sweeps from 250-350Hz and the high pass from 1.4kHz to 2.4kHz. With the heel down, low frequencies are accentuated. With the toe down, high frequencies are accentuated.
Guitarist Zakk Wylde, famous for his highly distinctive, no-compromise guitar work with the metalmeister himself, Ozzy Osbourne and Zakk’s Black Label Society, has once again added some more pedal power for fans of his monster tone.
The classic wah-wah pedal's circuit is simply a bandpass filter or a lowpass filter that exhibits a resonant peak just at its lowpass rolloff frequency. The resonant peak can be moved up and down in the frequency range by pushing the foot pedal, which makes for a striking emulation of the human voice making a "waaaah" sound.
- Effect Type: Wah-Wah
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Bypass Mode: True bypass
- Power supply: 9 VDC, Center negative
- Power Consumption: 9 mA
- Battery powered: Battery Powered
- Battery Type: 9 V Block
- Housing size: Standard
- Dimensions (WxHxD / cm): 10,2 x 6,4 x 28,0
- Weight: 1,6 kg
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
Dunlop Cry Baby
- Zakk Wylde Signature Crybaby Wah Pedal
- Rugged die-cast zinc housing
- Ultraheavy-duty durability
- Modified circuitry to delivery a fatter, throatier wah tone
- Smooth operation and easy control
- 100 Kohm Hot Potz potentiometer
- Heavy duty effect on/bypass toggle switch at bottom of pedal travel
- Italian Fasel inductor
- Allen screw adjustable rocker torque
- Powered by single 9-volt battery or optional Dunlop AC adapter
The "name Cry Baby" has become synonomous for Wah Wah pedals. The Cry Baby is the most sold Wah Wah pedal since it first hit the market in the late sixties Towards the end of the eighties Jim Dunlop took over the Cry Baby name and since then has produced the pedal in different variations.