Guitar Effect Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo
The Fulltone Tube Tape Echo guitar effects pedal is an authentic tape echo driven by 12AX7 and 12AT7 tubes. The Tube Tape Echo uses an efficent, quiet, and compact DC motor to run its Fulltone ETC-1 tape cartridge for rich tape echo in a brand-new unit that's built to last. You get a handwired audio path, plus three stereo modes for great 3D tones onstage or in the studio.
The Tube Tape Echo provides effects ranging from slapback to over two seconds of delay. It includes a top panel-mounted dual speed toggle switch to choose between Hi-Speed and Lo-Speed operation. Hi-Speed provides lots of highs and less bass, and a True Repeat without the pitch variation of the old Echoplex. Lo-Speed is warm with lots of bass, less highs, and a slight warble that gives a natural chorus effect made popular by artists such as Eric Johnson.
The Fulltone uses 12AX7 tubes for the Tube Tape Echo's Record and Playback functions plus a 12AT7 in the Erase/Bias section, plus a handwired audio path. The motors are different, not the noisy AC motors of early tape echos, but a servo-controlled high-torque DC motor. Other features include proprietary tape heads for stellar sound quality, a Fulltone ETC-1 tape cartridge, and a selection of three Stereo Out modes.
- Effect Type: Delay
- Technology: Analog
- Mono / Stereo: Mono In, Stereo Out
- Controls: Guitar Volume, Echo Volume, Echo Repeats, Record Level, Echo Tone
- Switches: Mono/Stereo, Bypass
- Bypass Mode: True bypass
- Power supply: 230 Volt AC
- Battery powered: Does not run on Battery power
- Housing size: Big Size
- Country of Origin: Made in USA
- Tube-powered Tape Echo with Handwired Audio Path, 3 Stereo Out Modes, Custom Tape Heads, and Custom Tape Cartridge
- True tape echo
- Tube powered
- Smaller, quieter, and more efficient DC motor
- Handwired audio path
- Three Stereo Out modes
- Proprietary Erase, Record, and Playback tape heads
- Fulltone ETC-1 tape cartridge
- Includes Cordura gig bag